Woman Wakes Up With Horrifying Marks on Arm Falling Asleep With Phone


An Australian woman woke up to discover frightening marks on her arm after she fell asleep in circumstances that are familiar to most of us.

Melanie Tan Pelaez fell asleep while watching a movie on her iPhone while it was charging. She said the sudden sensation of burning and tingling woke her up. When she looked at her arm, she was completely mortified to see severe burns along with an imprint of her phone and charger cord all the way up her arm, U.K. Metro reported.

Pelaez, 34, said she’d recently purchased an Apple iPhone 7.

“I was woken up by sudden pain, pins and needles, numbness and shortness of breath,” she posted to Facebook.

Those look like some pretty serious burns, and I don’t know anyone who wouldn’t be mortified if their cell phone did this to them while they were sleeping.

“I went to get dressed and realized my arm was very red, so I then went to the (doctor) and they advised me I needed to go straight to the hospital,” she said.

The doctor told Pelaez she had sustained “superficial burns” on her upper arm.

The phone was reportedly sent to a technician in California for testing.

Apple did not immediately respond to questions.

Pelaez said she was planning to see a plastic surgeon about her arm.

Pealed also added that she has used iPhones since they first came out and this was the first time she had had a negative experience, much less gotten burned while using one. She cautioned other users to be careful — and by the looks of her arm, that’s pretty good advice.

Like us on Facebook – USA Liberty News

Share this story on Facebook and Twitter and let us know what you think about this woman’s iPhone burning her arm.

What should Apple do about this situation? Scroll down to comment below!

Source: conservativetribune.com