Fox News Star Gets Stunning Letter from Fed Prosecutor… Network in BIG Trouble

0
558
Fox News Star Gets Stunning Letter from Fed Prosecutor Network in BIG Trouble
Facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterest

Andrea Tantaros, the former Fox News star whose sexual harassment allegations against departed network head Roger Ailes rocked the media world, may have been subpoenaed by federal prosecutors to give testimony about her experiences at the “fair and balanced” network, according to news reports.

Tantaros, who was a panel member of “The Five” and “Outnumbered,” left the network under suspicious circumstances in April of last year. The network originally blamed “contract issues,” but Tantaros filed suit against the network in August of last year with claims of sexual harassment at the highest echelons of Fox News’ corporate structure.

Fox News under Ailes “masquerades as defender of traditional family values,” Tantaros’ complaint read, according to Esquire. However, behind the scenes, it acted “like a sex-fueled, Playboy Mansion-like cult, steeped in intimidation, indecency, and misogyny.”

In a hearing on Wednesday regarding her lawsuit before New York Supreme Court Judge David Benjamin Cohen, Tantaros’ attorney, Judd Burstein, said that he had received a federal subpoena for one of his clients in regards to the Ailes sexual harassment case, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Burstein would not identify the client, but Tantaros would certainly fit the bill. It is worth pointing out, however, that Burstein also previously represented Brian Lewis, described as Ailes former right-hand man.

“I was told by the U.S. attorney’s office there is an ongoing criminal investigation, relating to these allegations, all of these allegations,” Burstein said, according to the New York Daily News.

“Once I saw it, I knew what was happening,” he said, according to The Hollywood Reporter. “They were investigating whether Fox News violated securities laws by not reporting settlements to the Securities and Exchange Commission.”

The New York Times reported that Fox executives said in a statement they hadn’t received a subpoena on their end, but added that they “been in communication with the U.S. attorney’s office for months.” The statement added that Fox “will continue to cooperate on all inquiries with any interested authorities.”

Tantaros’ suit was part of a deluge of allegations against Ailes, most notably from network personalities Gretchen Carlson and Megyn Kelly. Ailes ended up resigning over the allegations last July.

No matter what our feelings on Fox News are, the allegations against Ailes deserve to be investigated to the fullest extent of the law. If they’re true, he should be — and will be — in very deep trouble.

Like us on Facebook – USA Liberty News

Please like and share on Facebook and Twitter with your thoughts on these developments.

What are your thoughts on these developments? Scroll down to comment below!

Source: conservativetribune.com

Facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterest

LEAVE A REPLY