First it was racism, then it was fake news. Now, the liberal media have settled on the narrative that the Russians hacked the 2016 election in order to help President-elect Donald Trump win.
For weeks now, the media have been screaming about Russian hacking nonstop. The only problem is that there are serious flaws in their narrative that no one seems to be talking about.
Sheryl Attkisson put together eight facts on the Russian hacking that the media have left out, and we have compiled them for you here.
1) The election itself wasn’t actually hacked.
The liberal media have constantly proclaimed that “the election was hacked,” but there is no proof that the Russians got into voting machines anywhere. The U.S. government has said that the Russians were responsible for the leaked emails from the DNC and from Democrat nominee Hillary Clinton’s camp, but the media have decided to interpret that as the same thing as hacking the election.
2) No government entity has actually said that the emails that were released by the hacking were fake. So while the hacking is troubling, so is the fact that the DNC and the Clinton campaign had so much to hide from the American people.
3) U.S. officials have named the hacking campaign embarked upon by the Russians “Grizzly Steppe.” Fortune noted that a Homeland Security/FBI report released on “Grizzly Steppe” added no new worthwhile information about the hacking.
4) Proving that the Russians “helped Trump win” is virtually impossible to do. Officials would have to prove that the Clinton emails that were released overwhelmingly changed people’s minds on whom they would vote for — a task that is impossible.
5) WikiLeaks has continued to insist that Russia wasn’t their source for the leaked documents. Of course WikiLeaks would do anything to protect its sources, so it is entirely possible they are lying.
It is also possible the Russians gave the emails to a different entity who then gave it to WikiLeaks. In cyberspace, these things are always hard to keep track of.
6) Crowd Strike, a private cyber firm, actually stated back in June that the Russians were behind the DNC hacks. I guess liberals forgot about that until it became politically convenient.
7) The United States has suffered from far worse cyber attacks during the Obama administration, yet very few have resulted in any sort of public outcry — and even fewer have resulted in public vows by the Obama administration to retaliate.
It looks like President Barack Obama only cares about hacking when it affects his legacy.
8) The RNC might not have been hacked. The New York Times cited an anonymous official in early December who claimed that the Russians breached the RNC but didn’t release any information they had gained — clearly trying to help Clinton.
The only problem is that the RNC denies it was hacked, and another “anonymous government official” claimed the RNC wasn’t hacked.
Ultimately we may never know exactly what the Russians did or did not do during the 2016 election. What we do know is that liberals are blowing it way out of proportion to hide the fact that the only reason Clinton lost was because the American people saw her for what she was — a crook and a liar.
Like us on Facebook – USA Liberty News
Share this on Facebook and Twitter and let us know what your thoughts are on the whole Russian hacking debate.
What did you think of this? Scroll down to comment below!