Robert Gehl reports that in what amounts to a snub of presidential proportions, three of the four living ex-U.S. Presidents might not be going to Donald Trump’s inauguration.
So far, President Jimmy Carter is the only one who confirmed he will be attending.
President Bill Clinton got into a childish spat with Trump, blaming Hillary’s loss on James Comey, while Trump tweeted back that Hillary lost because she “focused on the wrong states.”
That childish back-and-forth has soured Bill Clinton enough – apparently – to skip the inauguration.
George H.W. Bush, who is 92, said he cannot attend due to his age and his son, George W. Bush, hasn’t decided if he’s attending or not. His spokesman, Freddy Ford, said he will make his decision after the new year.
Contrast that with Obama’s first inauguration in 2009, back then, all four living presidents, both Bushes, Carter and Bill Clinton, attended the inauguration.
The President-Elect has released a finalized schedule of events surrounding the inauguration on Jan. 20. The president-elect and Vice President-Elect Mike Pence will be sworn in at the Capitol and will attend an Inaugural Parade down Pennsylvania Avenue.
That evening, Pence and Trump will attend the inaugural balls. The Mormon Tabernacle Choir will be performing, along with the Radio City Rockettes. Former America’s Got Talent celebrity Jackie Evancho, who performed for Barack Obama, will also be performing.
Talent like James Taylor, Beyonce, Elton John, Andrea Bocelli and Garth Brooks were asked to perform, but politely declined.
The Beach Boys have been asked to perform but “no decision has been made yet,” the band’s rep says.
Like us on Facebook – USA Liberty News