Kellyanne Conway Defends Trump’s Controversial Immigration Ban

0
337
Kellyanne Conway Defends Trumps Controversial Immigration Ban
Facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterest

President Donald Trump’s White House counselor Kellyanne Conway is never shy about taking on the president’s critics, but her defense this weekend of Trump’s executive order on immigration from certain Middle East countries was even more on-target than usual.

In an interview on “Fox News Sunday,” Conway defended the president’s temporary immigration ban affecting seven terrorist-prone nations as being an adjustment to reality that’s long overdue.

“These are countries that have a history of training, harboring, exporting terrorists,” Conway said. “We can’t keep pretending and looking the other way.”

Conway added that of the 325,000 people from overseas who came into the country on Sunday, only about 300 had been inconvenienced.

“That’s 1 percent,” she said. “I think in terms of the upside being greater protection of our borders, of our people. It’s a small price to pay.”

When asked why countries like Saudi Arabia, Afghanistan and Pakistan were not on the list of banned countries, Conway said the Obama administration and Congress were responsible for the countries on the list under the Terrorist Prevention Act of 2015.

She intimated that the list could change as Trump and his national security team continue to identify threats and risks.

She added that Trump was privy to intelligence reports that critics have not seen, adding that the president and select members of Congress “will always have information we do not.”

Conway also reiterated that the restriction wasn’t a “Muslim ban” as the mainstream media has reported.

She pointed out that 46 predominantly Muslim countries were not included on the list.

Watch Conway’s remarks below (her discussion of Trump’s executive order covers the first five minutes):

Conway is correct: We simply can’t keep pretending there isn’t a problem and looking the other way. Trump said he would work on making the country secure, and it looks like he’s following through.

It remains to be seen whetherTrump’s actions are the best method for going about protecting America, but one thing’s for certain: They are better than doing absolutely nothing for eight years, which is exactly what Barack Obama did.

Like us on Facebook – USA Liberty News

Share this story on Facebook and Twitter and let us know what you think of Conway’s remarks.

What do you think about the temporary ban? Scroll down to comment below!

Source: conservativetribune.com

Facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterest

LEAVE A REPLY