The reaction to the savage attack on a disabled teen in Chicago last week has been one of collective shock and horror. Most people cannot fathom what would compel anyone to do such a thing to anybody.
Strangers across the world are coming together to do what they can to show support, and through the wonder of the internet, it appears that they can do quite a bit.
A GoFundMe campaign set up for the victim and his family has already raised over $140,000 in just a few days. The campaign had an original goal of $10,000, but had taken in more than $144,000 by Monday afternoon.
The creator of the campaign, Razor Sheldon, said the effort was to aid the family and to “prove that there is far more good in this world than evil.”
By the looks of it, there is more good in the world, because the donations don’t show any sign of slowing down any time soon.
WNEP reported that the regional communications manager for GoFundMe, Bartlett Jackson, told the Associated Press that the account is legitimate, and Sheldon has been working with the victim’s family.
As for those responsible for the attack, they are still being held. Cook County Circuit Judge Maria Kuriakos Ciesil denied their attorneys’ requests to set bail, and said she believed all four were “a danger to yourself and society,” WREG reported.
There’s no arguing with that assessment.
The judge also reportedly asked the suspects about their sense of decency when they appeared in court Friday.
That’s a good question that has yet to be answered.
While no amount of money could ever heal the wounds this teen will perhaps have for the rest of his life, it is heartwarming to see so many people come forward and show this kind of support.
Like us on Facebook – USA Liberty News
Share this story on Facebook and Twitter to spread the word about this campaign to help the victim of this horrible crime.
What do you think of this fundraiser? Scroll down to comment below!
H/T U.K. Daily Mail