A New York Post report indicated that the CIA may have known about the security breaches that led to a trove of documents being released by WikiLeaks since late last year, but didn’t know they were in WikiLeaks’ hands until the documents were about to be released.
Fox News reported that the document dump — called “Vault 7 Part 1” by WikiLeaks — contained almost 9,000 pages of CIA information obtained from an “isolated, high-security network” run out of the CIA’s Center for Cyber Intelligence in Langley, Virginia.
The Tuesday dump shocked many Americans with detailed descriptions of eavesdropping on conversations via smart televisions and cellular phones, among other revelations.
WikiLeaks claimed via Twitter that the documents were less than 1 percent of the information they had for the Vault 7 document dumps.
CNN reported that the FBI and CIA were coordinating the investigation into who was responsible for the leaks. However, the report from the New York Post said that the FBI wanted to know how long the CIA knew about the breach.
“If it’s true that the CIA knew about it since the end of last year … we should have been informed,” a spokesman for the House Intelligence Committee said, adding that he was seeking definite information on just when the CIA knew it.
This is the latest twist in one of the biggest WikiLeaks document dumps yet, and it’s clear that there’s going to be more to come.
It’s interesting how what was one of the media’s most hated organizations has become OK again now that the Trump administration has to deal with it. That could change now that we know the breach happened on Obama’s watch.
Like us on Facebook – USA Liberty News
Please like and share on Facebook and Twitter with your thoughts on this story.
What are your thoughts on the CIA breach? Scroll down to comment below!